Saturday, August 18, 2007

What You Don't Know About How People See You

Well, where do I start with this one. Tonight I have been chatting with an old friend from highschool. Another soul I have been reunited with through the magic of MySpace. Thanks again Tom, should really send you a fruit basket...maybe I'll just leave a nice comment on your page...anyway.
As you may or may not have read I filled in a few bulletin quizzes today, to pass time when I should be studying ofcourse. One of these was titled, how much have you changed...
In this quiz I answered questions honestly as I always do, because what you see is what you get and I don't make any apologies. One of the questions was how many tattoos do you have? Now for those of you who don't know, I have one. I would like another.(I doubt anyone reading this wouldn't know because I somehow think I have a limited number of readers, just an inkling lol)
Anyway, the reason I bring this up is as I mentioned earlier, I was chatting to an old friend. He said he was shocked I have a tattoo at all. He thinks of them as rebellious, and doesn't think of me as a rebel. Another friend refers to my tat as my tough sticker.
He then went on to tell me he was suprised that I drink. Now readers, I drink. I drink a lot. I don't deny it. He said he laughed when he realised I am a drinker, which he discovered by looking through my photos reading my blogs.
It would seem he had me pegged as a 'good girl'. You know the type, they dont go out much. Certainly don't drink especially not beer. They definatley don't have tattoos. No body piercings. Sweet and innocent.
Now readers, the friend in question was in no way dissaproving, just suprised. We haven't seen each other for 5 years, and I guess a lot happens in that time. But I have to be honest, I don't think I have ever been the sweet and innocent, little house on the prairie good girl type.
I am not offended at all ny this judgement, for want of a better word. I would much rather give that impression than some of the alternatives.
I can tell you now readers, I am full of surprises. I have an opinion on everything, I am all about learning. I wiil say things that others won't. I crave adventure and new experiences. I am coming at life from a whole other angle. Love me or hate me, one things for sure you will never meet anyone else like me.
Now there was a second bulletin of interest to this topic...the be honest now tell me what you really think of me post. I reposted it thinking it was only fair as I had told someone what I think of them...I have recieved suprising and somewhat touching responses.
The point here is, you never really know what people think of you. Or what kind of impression you give. My philosophy is not to worry about it at all. Every now and then I get a suprise like I have tonight. I have to say I was incredibly ammused by the angelic impression I have left on my old friend.

Peace, Love and Suprising Impressions

No comments: