Saturday, August 18, 2007

Single People of the World Unite

Single People Around the World Need a Spokesperson. I am nominating myself.

Here are some of the reasons I am single;

I choose to be.

I will not settle for anything less than I deserve.

I am my own person and as my own person, I will not be told what I may do when, who I may
do it with and there is no way I will negotiate how I will spend my free time, or who I am
allowed to be friends with.

There are things I need to do on my own, for myself.

I haven't been swept off my feet recently nor am I likely to be in the forseeable future.

I don't believe in doing anything by halves, and at the moment I just don't have enough to give.

I have been in love. I know how it feels. I know how wonderful it is. I also know when I am not in love.

I like to know that at the tender age of 22, I can pick up and move to Vladivostock if I want to.

The person who inspired this blog...you know who you are, I hope you are as happy in your dysfunctional relationship, as I am in my entirely functional singledom.

To the well meaning happily coupled friends of single people. We know we are single, don't need to hear the statistics,have friends, families, careers and cats we are not alone.

To the single people who are reading this and have also read my blog about the leper colony and therefore don't approve of me as your spokesperson. Thats ok nominate someone else, I am lazy and run off on tangents anyway. There is probably someone much better for the job. However in the mean time I am taking a stand, because if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.

Peace, Love and Dinner for One

No comments: